Title: Gateshead House - ruins
Date: Date Unknown
Reference Number: GL003396
Item Description: Gateshead House was situated near St Edmunds Hospital on Gateshead High Street. Occupants included the Riddells and the Claverings. It was destroyed in 1746 by a mob who were waiting to see the Duke of Cumberland pass down the High Street on his way to Culloden.
Content Copyright © Gateshead Council. All Rights Reserved. This website is powered by Trio 2.0
13 queries were performed to generate this page in 8.902 secs.