Title: Old Mill, Sheriff Hill c.1922
Reference Number: LS000329
Item Description: Also known as Heworth Windmill and Snowden's Mill, the Old Mill was demolished in 1964 to make way for sheltered housing. Built in 1823 as a wind powered corn mill, it had attached house, shop, granary and stables. In the background can be seen the Joseph Hopper Memorial Homes.
1 Related Thesaurus Terms
Content Copyright © Gateshead Council. All Rights Reserved. This website is powered by Trio 2.0
13 queries were performed to generate this page in 9.600 secs.