Title: Motor Accident, Barclays Bank, West Street, Gateshead, 1933
Date: June 1933
Reference Number: GL006064
Item Description: West Street was originally known as the Back Street. At one time it was called ‘The King’s Way behind the gardens’. It originally started at Half Moon Lane where there was a pant. Described as an ‘airy and pleasant road’ in 1812. It seems to have changed its name c1827. The street extended slowly southwards finally reaching the junction with Jackson Street in 1866.
Content Copyright © Gateshead Council. All Rights Reserved. This website is powered by Trio 2.0
13 queries were performed to generate this page in 8.887 secs.