Title: Coatsworth Cinema, Bewick Road, Bensham. 1960
Photographer: Newcastle Chronicle and Journal
Date: June 1960
Reference Number: GL007761
Item Description: The Coatsworth opened on 8 December 1913 and was the last cinema to be opened in the borough before the war put an end to cinema building for its duration. Centrally located in the large suburb of Bensham, it was a rival of the Shipcote. With 1343 seats the Coatsworth was Gateshead's second largest pre-war cinema. There was even a boardroom for directors' meetings.
Content Copyright © Gateshead Council. All Rights Reserved. This website is powered by Trio 2.0
13 queries were performed to generate this page in 8.897 secs.